Friday 7 March 2014

The ugliest feet



I've no memories of cute feet. I've never had unhealthy feet either and that's something I am proud of. Increasing the milage, switching from road to trail shoes and back, keeping my feet more wet than dry are all contributing to make my feet look ugly ugly ugly.
I think I've never seen my feet this ugly. And that's something I am proud too.
Why?
Because these feet are carrying me in the country, on the road, on hills and valleys, crossing rivers and jumping stones, in the mud or on the rocks.
The higher milage of the last three weeks gave me quite a lot of blisters which literally destroyed the skin under both the feet and between the toes.
Even though walking on dry surfaces without shoes nor socks solved the problem, the higher milage and the new trail shoes became the perfect combination to turn some toe nails black. I even had to pierce a nail to decrease the pressure of the blood underneath and alleviate some pain. The pain didn't really bother me for daily activities like going to work or just walking around. Running downhill with a black nail full of blood pushing agains the toe box of the shoes at each step... well, that was painful indeed.
But let me spare such details...

Now that the first ultra of the year is closer and closer I feel like thinking about the good stuff instead, such as my physical and mental conditions. What can I say? So far so good! and let's keep fingers crossed.
Approaching the last week of intense training is a relief that I was waiting for a long time. I feel like a sling ready to shoot, because there's nothing else to do.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment