Monday 7 July 2014

Back to the road (trail)

Hello folks!
Yes indeed. I'm back. It has been long, it has been painful, discouraging, depressive. It basically tore me down. Two months of no activity (almost), dealing with a patellar tendon that really didn't want to be fixed, are not a joke.
I am not in the mood to shout out loud how I dealt with it. Read some of my recent posts and you will certainly find out. What else? Well, let me give you some numbers: 33, 44, 55, 66, 77. These are the kilometers that I covered every week, in the last 5 weeks. As every physiotherapist would advice "get back to the road, but do it sloooowly". I added some spicy intervals to my schedule only recently. The rest is happening on the trail, as usual.
So far so good.
Rehab is almost finished, even though it's always good to make some recalls once in a while in order to test the strength of those little tendons around the knees that seem to be so innocent but they are actually fundamental during the landing phase. And you know how important is landing well on the trail. Don't you?

Wish me luck!
Run happy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment